Recorder is a brand new music print magazine celebrating artists through artwork, illustration and literature. From The Beach Boys to Frank Ocean, ABBA to The XX – it represents the meeting point between music mag and comic book. Every issue will be limited edition, highly collectable and focus on one artist.
Inspired by the 80s "Golden Age" of pop weeklies in look and name, Recorder covers each subject with a smile on its face including infographics, charts, lyrics, comic strips, life stories and short stories - looking at our favourite artists in a brand new way. Moving away from traditional "making of the album" magazine features, it delivers fresh work from the best new creative talent through the prism of the established artistic force, creating a compelling world of fact, fiction and fantasy.
- Foreword by Michael Sheen
- Cover Art by Brazilian Pop Culture Artist Butcher Billy
- Lily Cole writes on Life On Mars
- Music Portraiture Helen Green contributes famous Bowie illustrations
- U.S. Graphic Designer Jonathan Case re-visits the Lets Dance video
- Jim Sturgess writes on Golden Years
- Boys Keep Swinging new short story by John McManus