Balcony is a bi-annual collection of conversations with artists situated in the everyday. Each issue will contain a selection of dialogues as well as visual stories and original artworks. Sidestepping conventions of both art criticism and the artist profile, balcony presents the artist’s voice as its primary source, blurring the boundaries between the art world and the everyday.
In Issue #1:
- A day with Hamish Pearch and Francesca Gavin in Elephant & Castle.
- Françoise Grossen recalls her New York years.
- Robert Janitz and Zoë Lescaze go for a walk in Central Park.
- A musical history of Chile with Iván Navarro.
- Unpublished polaroids by Jason Schmidt.
- A collaborative jam session with Madeline Hollander and A.E. Benenson.
- Kayode Ojo and Jessica Kwok at a home by Paul Rudolph.
- Ignacio Gatica and José Esparza Chong Cuy in Manhattan.