There are few questions harder or lonelier than: ‘What should I do with the rest of my working life?’ We are often simply meant to know the answer - and a lot of people might be invested in us continuing along the safe and predictable path.
But in private, some of us are acutely aware that we aren’t happy where we are, and would love to find a way toward a job that is truly fulfilling.
Tantalisingly, many of the answers we need to better direct our futures are inside us, but we need help in getting them out, in making sense of them and in assembling them into a plan. This box contains a series of prompts, questions and essays designed to help us systematically understand more about our working identities and to guide us (with something like the skill of a great career therapist) towards the kind of jobs that will honour our talents and allow us to thrive.
- Why now? - A chance to wonder why a career crisis has descended.
- Imagine - An invitation to consider how you would like the future to be.
- Blocks - The set of blocks preventing us from moving forward.
- Letting go - Letting go of something, be it of an ideal, a regret, a fear or an ambivalence.
- What's next? - How we'll get from where we are to where we need to be.
How to Use the Kit:
- Read through the whole kit to prepare yourself for challenges you may one day face.
- Share with a friend experiencing a career crisis.
20 cards with exercises | 114mm x 157mm x 19mm | Instruction card included